“Vineyards are one of the treasures of the Douro Valley, a heritage that must be preserved for the next generations.”
The vineyards owned by Wine & Soul were acquired over the years since the company was established. An investment in old vineyards to produce wines that are capable of expressing the traditional Douro style, seeking a balance between concentration, balance and elegance.
The vineyards located in the Douro region, specifically in the sub-regions of Cima Corgo and Vale do Pinhão, in the village of Vale de Mendiz, are primarily old vineyards over 80 years old, made up of a blend of indigenous grape varieties. These properties include Quinta da Manoella, an estate owned by the Serôdio Borges family for 5 generations.
“Our goal is create great wines with a full commitment with the environment, with our Team, with the Community always thinking in the Future!”
Wine&Soul is contributing to be a green winery through implementing a range of sustainable and environmental practices in order to:
- increase energy efficiency;
- conserve water and increase efficient water use;
- reduce waste through environmentally preferable purchasing, recycling and composting;
- commitment to social equity, caring of employees and the community;
- support children studies being part of Bagos D`ouro, a social program that support, motivates and cares of families with special needs;
- organic and sustainable farming in our estates.
BERRIES PEA SIZE